Last updated: 31 July 2023
Unless we expressly agree otherwise, any personal information you provide to us, whether via this website, related social media accounts or otherwise, will be processed by us in accordance with this policy and all applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ) (Privacy Act).
This policy explains:
· when we might collect personal information from you and how we might collect that information;
· how we may use your personal information;
· how we will store your personal information;
· your rights to request access to and correction of your personal information; and
· how you can contact us if you have any other questions regarding our processing of your personal information.
In this policy:
· applicable privacy laws means the Privacy Act together with all other data privacy laws applicable to our processing of your personal information;
· personal information means identifiable information about you, for example your name, email, address, telephone number and so on. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal information has been aggregated and anonymised) then certain parts of this policy may not apply to that information; and
· where we refer to processing your personal information, we mean all activities relating to our use of that personal information, from its collection through to its storage and disposal and everything in between.
In this policy, we, GoodDrop, us, and our, refer to Better Beverage Distribution Limited. For more information about us please see the “Contact us” section below.
We encourage you to read this policy carefully. If you have any questions, please contact us using the details set out at the bottom of this policy.
When and how we may collect your personal information
The ways we may collect your personal information can be categorised into:
· Information you provide us directly.
· Information which is collected automatically.
· Information we collect from third parties.
Information you provide to us directly
The information you may provide to us may include:
· data allowing us to get in touch with you (contact data). This contact data may include your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, and/or communication preferences.
· data allowing us to deliver to our services to you (location data). This may include your physical address and, when you use a location enabled GoodDrop service, may include your actual location collected via GPS signals sent by your mobile device.
· information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or that we send to you (communication data). The communication data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication.
· information relating to transactions, including your purchases of goods and/or services, from us and/or through our website or mobile app (transaction data). The transaction data may include your payment card details, mobile payment or other payment and transaction details, discount codes and vouchers.
· website user account data (account data). This account data may include your name, email address, account creation and modification dates, website settings and marketing preferences.
· data about your use of our website and services (usage data). The usage data may include technical information about your device , such as your browser type and version, IP address, time zone setting, operating system and platform, cookies and other tracking technologies that are installed on your device, information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website and information about how you interact with the Website.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, then we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services and some functions and features on our website may not be available to you.
Information collected automatically
The GoodDrop website and mobile app uses tracking technology (including but not limited to tokens, cookies, tags, pixels) to track visitors. These are a files that store information about you and your behaviour on the internet. They are created when you browse a website or mobile app and enable some of GoodDrop’s essential functionality, as well as help us provide the best possible service to you by tailoring it to best suit your preferences.
We use tracking technology to:
· help us analyse the use and performance of our website and services;
· identify you as you navigate our website, ;
· to help keep track of items you put into your shopping cart (including when you have abandoned your cart and when to send cart reminder messages via SMS);
· personalise your experience by storing your preferences;
· protect our user accounts and our services generally;
· tailor advertising and communications that will be most relevant to you.
Our third party service providers also use tracking technology in connection with this website and mobile app. All information collected is aggregated and anonymised. For example, we use performance cookies with Google Analytics, to enable us to measure and improve the performance of our website and mobile app by allowing us to count site visits and traffic sources so we can see how visitors move around the website and which pages are more or less popular.
Please refer to your internet browser instructions if you want to find out more about rejecting or blocking cookies. Due to there being no common understanding about what a "Do Not Track" (DNT) signal is supposed to mean, we do not respond to DNT signals. Due to tracking technology being crucial for GoodDrop’s functionality, you can’t use our app or website without it.
Information collected from third parties
We may collect personal information about you from third parties with your consent or where otherwise permitted by law (for example, where the source of the information is publicly available).
Where you provide us with any personal information about a third party, you must have that third party's consent to do so. By providing us any third party personal information, you warrant that you have that third party's permission to provide that information to us.
How we use your personal information
We will primarily use your personal information to provide you with any goods and/or services you have requested and to support our relationship with you.
We may also use your personal information:
· communications – to monitor, respond to and/or keep records of our e–mail communications and other correspondence with you;
· transactions – to provide our services, provide you with information in respect of our services, generate invoices and other payment–related documentation;
· operations – to operate, improve and enhance the website and our services. We may analyse the use of our website or services to ensure our website and services are provided in the most effective manner for you;
· marketing – by registering an account with us you consent to receive information about our promotional offers and/or newsletters from us, we may use your personal information to contact you by email and/or post with the information you have consented to receive;
· customer support – to support your use of our goods and/or services, this may include assisting with the resolution of product issues or other issues relating to the website, whether by email or otherwise;
· record keeping and reporting – to create and maintain our databases, back–up copies of our databases and business records generally. We may also use your personal information to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties;
· security – in order to detect and/or prevent any illegal activity that may threaten us, or any of our services;
· risk management – where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims. We may also use your personal information where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance, managing risks and/or obtaining professional advice; and
· compliance – in order to comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
How we may share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
· to our related companies to the extent required to support the provision of goods and/or services to you or to otherwise create and maintain our databases and business records generally;
· to third parties who assist and enable us to use your personal information to support delivery of our services to you, these third party service providers include (but are not limited to):
o Food on Q Limited and its delivery personnel for the limited purpose of making deliveries to you;
· to our advertising and marketing partners and services who receive information about your use of our website and mobile app, your purchases and interactions with our ads on other websites or social medial platforms where reasonably necessary to improve our marketing services;
· to our affiliated companies and trusted partners for the purpose of marketing and promoting our and/or third-party products and services to you and your household. This may include targeted advertising, which aims to tailor the content and offers you receive based on your interests and preferences.
· to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business;
· to regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where it is necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights;
· where the disclosure is otherwise required by law or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person;
The third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may be located within or outside New Zealand. Where any disclosure is to an overseas third party we will only make that disclosure in accordance with the requirements for overseas transfers of personal information as set out in the applicable privacy law.
You may request more information about the safeguards that we have put in place in respect of overseas transfers of your personal information by contacting our privacy officer using the details below.
How do we hold and protect your information?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy or to comply with statutory retention periods, e.g. for tax purposes, audit and legal compliance. When we no longer required your personal information we will ensure it is removed from our systems or properly anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it. We are committed to keeping your personal information as safe and secure as possible and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. While we continuously implement and update our administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or alteration, we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your personal information.
Information you share
If you share information publicly on the website or app store, for example when leaving a review, please be aware it is public and may be indexable by search engines.
Under the Privacy Act, you have certain rights in connection with your personal information, including rights to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions as set out in the Privacy Act.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact our privacy officer using the details below.
If you are unsatisfied with the handling of your request, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand for review of our handling of your request.
Mobile Terms of Service
The GoodDrop mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Better Beverage Distribution Limited (“GoodDrop”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to GoodDrop’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of GoodDrop through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialling system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to GoodDrop in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you.
For Service support or assistance, email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honouring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Changes to this policy
We may need to update this policy from time to time, including when necessary to reflect changes to this website, updates to our services or to reflect any change in law.
When we update this policy, we will revise the “Last updated” at the top of this policy. Where the changes are material, we will use reasonable endeavours notify you – usually by prominently posting a notice of those changes on our website or by sending you an email.
We are Better Beverage Distribution Limited (company number 8523766). Our registered address is 1 Burton Street, Grafton, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our processing of your personal information, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our processing of your personal information you can contact our privacy officer by email at email@example.com